SNAcks, snacks, SNACKS…Whole 30 style
SNACKs, snacks, SNacks
When you have to SNACK Whole 30 style
On the #Whole30 they do not recommend snacking, but sometimes you just need something. You keep heading to the fridge opening it, looking inside, only to find your roasted sweet potato and chicken staring back at you. You want something else! Here is my go to list of Whole 30 approved snacks.
- Nut butter with apples or carrots
- You all know that I LOVE the Cashew butter from Trader Joe’s. But there are some very good almond butters out there too! A tablespoon of butter and your favorite fall apples or carrots hit the spot!
- I have posted this on my Instagram (@k8slystad) account, a couple whole 30s ago. I got the original recipe from Melissa Hartwig (co-author of Whole 30). It is delicious.
1/2 apple, chopped
1/2 banana, chopped
handful of Walnuts
pinch of unsweetened coconut flakes
chop up, put in bowl, pour milk and enjoy!
- Lara bars
- Read the labels! You can’t have chocolate chip or peanut butter, but there are apple pie or lemon bars that are delicious!
- Rx Bars
- READ the labels! You could have the blueberry one or maybe the apple cinnamon or pumpkin spice. (I haven’t had either apple cinnamon or pumpkin spice.)
- You favorite salad and add additional stuff other than lettuce and dressing. Put nuts, carrots, broccoli (steamed or raw) or add some fruit!
Before you head over for that after daily 3pm snack ask yourself why?
Why are you snacking?
What are you really hungry for?
Are you really hungry or just thirsty, bored, tired, its habit?
Before you reach for one of the snacks above:
- Drink a tall glass of water
- Ask yourself why?
- Check your FATS!
- When I find myself snacking more on the Whole 30, I immediately increase my water and add an additional good, healthy, fat to my morning breakfast. (smoked salmon, avocado, ghee) I find that increasing the fats helps me stay full longer and it mixes up the scrambled eggs.
What are your go to snacks on Whole 30?